An introduction to the News and Views episode format.
- News and views will be short format podcasts and will cover things going on in the Nextflow community.
- We will record “Seasons” of around six 20-25 min episodes.
- Rob’s interviews (previously called nf-cast) will continue and will also be released every 1-2 months.
- We’re hoping to live-stream and incorporate live comments in the next season (March 2023).
- Subscribe on YouTube / Spotify.
- Nextflow website: https://nextflow.io/podcasts.html
- Slack channel:
- Exciting new application of Nextflow.
- An example of Nextflow being used outside of traditional bioinformatics.
- New Nextflow training aimed at astronomers with an example pulsar search pipeline.
#astronomyon nf-core Slack for more details.
- Chris recently attended AMSI, COMBINED, ABACBS, and SBEI in Melbourne Australia.
- Met with a lot of community members and some of the BioCommons team.
- Really excited to start work on new initiatives in the Asia-Pacific (watch this space!).
- A release of nf-core/tools 2.7 is underway.
- New features include:
- New nf-core subworkflows subcommand for creating, removing, testing, updating, and finding subworkflows. More info here.
- Every pipeline has now its own GitHub codespace template, which can be used to develop the pipeline directly in the browser.
- Improved handling of modules and subworkflows from other repos than nf-core/modules.
- Pre-commit is now installed as a dependency, which allows us, besides other things, to automatically run prettier to properly format auto-generated JSON / YAML on the fly even if Prettier has not already been manually installed locally.
- Shell completion for nf-core commands. More information here.