Are you a passionate engineer with a strong interest in building highly-interactive, modern applications? We have open positions for someone to join our team and help set the new standard for distributed data analysis.
We are looking for an engineer with experience in building scalable backend systems. We require a proactive candidate who thrives in fast-paced environments and who wants to invent the future.
The ideal person has a solid experience in designing and implementing modern, interactive web applications based on a microservices architecture. Previous work with highly scalable, distributed cloud systems is a plus.
Join the incredible talented international team working from either our beautiful Barcelona offices 200m from the beach in Poblenou or remotely (in your happy place!). We offer a highly competitive salary package, significant employee equity and a high degree of autonomy. Most importantly we provide a genuinely fun, inclusive and challenging environment that will allow you to grow while making a difference to human health.
Seqera Labs simplifies data analysis pipelines at scale. We are the creators of Nextflow, a widely adopted open-source software framework for the development of scientific workflows. Seqera was founded to build on the Nextflow mission by providing the next generation of deployment solutions for massively scalable data pipelines across clusters and clouds. In mid-2020 the company received backing from Europe’s leading VC firms to grow the vision and expand the team.
- Solid experience designing and implementing Java-based microservices and highly parallel applications.
- Fluent with REST API design and implementation.
- Proficiency with the Gradle build system.
- Ability to write high-quality, efficient and testable code.
- Development experience with Micronaut & Groovy programming language.
- Proficiency with Docker and related toolset.
- Experience with Kubernetes deployment model and operations.
- Experience with Elasticsearch and InfluxDB databases.
- Understanding of how to deploy systems for cloud applications.
- Knowledge of one or more cloud vendor services and APIs.
- Experience with scientific data analysis workflows and execution engines.
- Experience in bioinformatics and genomics.
- A maintainer or a proven track of contributions to open-source software projects.
How to apply
Send an email with the job title in the subject line to email@example.com. Include your CV (in PDF format) or link your GitHub profile.
Salary range: €40,000 to €65,000