Over the coming years, biotech will fundamentally rewrite the way we live. Gene editing and cell therapy are dramatically changing how we treat cancer and other major illnesses. Biofuels and biomaterials are transforming the cars we drive, the clothes we wear, and the makeup of everyday objects. Crop science and synthetic biology are responsible for sustainable and ethically produced food.
At the heart of all of these transformations is the ability of scientists and computational biologists to make sense of an exponentially growing data set. Seqera Labs’ mission is to empower scientists everywhere with foundational software for collaborative data analysis.
Seqera Labs’ founders are the creators of Nextflow, the most widely used framework for computational pipelines and largest community of computational scientists curating pipelines for advancing science. Seqera Labs’ goal is to provide the full suite of commercial products enabling effortless data analysis, for every scientist, on any infrastructure.
*Please Note that LinkedIn is having some issues with job postings. This is a full-time position - Mid level
About the role
At Seqera Labs, we are looking for a Web Developer who loves to code to create their own masterpieces, someone with a passion in crafting assets that increase user experience and help to generate business opportunities.
We are looking for a creative and curious candidate who thrives in fast-paced environments and who wants to invent the future. The ideal person will be passionate about data, brand awareness, and who is looking to play an active role in shaping the future of Seqera and its brands.
Would you like to be a part of a company with a bigger purpose and make it successful with your own ideas? If yes, keep reading!
Your mission will be:
- Develop, deploy and enhance the website experience, including the integration of headless content management systems, database management and server integration.
- Develop and implement internal tools, including our branding design portal, storybook and a React library for our design systems.
- Build gorgeous web interfaces using cutting-edge tools and frameworks.
- Create high-fidelity landing pages using the latest incarnations of HTML, CSS (SCSS), React and Astro
- Maintain existing projects including updating content and adding new pages.
- Ensure new pages are published according to specifications and in compliance with our web style guide
- Co-write documentation for all the above-mentioned products/projects.
- Work closely with UX designers, product managers and the marketing team to implement exemplary user experiences.
- Proactively bring project ideas, hypotheses, and experiments to the team that will inform the web development roadmap.
About you. We are looking for someone with:
- Demonstrable experience implementing scalable, responsive websites or web applications.
- Hands-on experience with React and Astro frameworks.
- Experience with TypeScript.
- Experience working collaboratively with Git and GitHub, or other version control systems.
- Awareness of SEO best practices.
- Consideration of accessibility in all aspects of your work.
- A strong understanding of web performance in complex user interfaces.
- Ability to interact with UX, designers and server-side developers.
- Solid experience with content-driven websites development and publishing platforms such as Vercel and Netlify.
- Prior experience working with open-source content management systems (e.g., WordPress, Drupal etc).
- Experience with design systems and Storybook.
Your unique set of skills
- Great interpersonal and communication skills.
- A builder – likes to be part of a core team that is building a new thing from scratch.
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills.
- An eye for detail – you know great design.
- Creativity & curiosity.
Why join us?
By learning from and with each other, we ensure our ability to drive innovation and make better decisions toward our mission. Most importantly, our culture provides a genuinely fun, inclusive, and challenging environment that will allow you to grow while making a huge difference in human health and beyond.
What will you find working at Seqera Labs?
-Flexible working hours, and remote-friendly culture.
-International working environment with more than 15 nationalities.
-Passionate & talented team.
-Continuous skills development, including budget for training.
-Team retreats and bonding activities.
-A culture where your opinion is valued and your decisions have a real impact on the industry.
-Excitement of a fast-growing startup in a constantly changing environment.
-Time off: holidays in accordance with the local legislation + 3 days given by Seqera in December of 2023, and the national/public holidays according to your location.
-Private health insurance
-Home office equipment (valued over 1,000 USD)
-Subscription to Oliva, Mental Health App
-1,000 USD learning and development budget per year
You can watch this video for a quick understanding of who we are and what we do :).
At Seqera Labs we develop software that simplifies complex data analysis pipelines. These pipelines are used for the analysis of data like DNA sequences and fMRI in applications spanning research, agritech and the clinic. Our software enables scientists to create and securely deploy their data applications in the cloud or on traditional high-performance computing infrastructure.
We are the creators and the leading provider of the open-source workflow orchestration software: Nextflow. We connect data pipelines, cloud infrastructure and enable collaboration across life sciences, healthcare, imaging and machine learning. Nextflow is used by thousands of organizations of all sizes—from startups to large enterprises— to manage their data analysis and get results fast.
From personalized immunogenic vaccines to sequencing-based diagnostics, Seqera's customers are performing the most critical work on this planet. We believe in a future where scientific applications and massive datasets join forces to deliver incredible outcomes.
You should know
Seqera Labs is proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. However you identify or whatever your journey to this point, we welcome all candidates to apply for the position that inspires them. Come join us and help us build a global company that everyone is proud to be part of.
As we scale, we constantly improve our in-office and WFH environments and learn to help everyone have the best setup for our company's success and your personal development, while always keeping the human touch in every aspect of our lives.