*This is a fully remote role that will cover US West Coast business hours.
About the role
Are you a cloud specialist, support engineer, or solution architect with a passion for providing exceptional customer service? Are you looking to pivot into a field that's literally redefining our understanding of life as we know it through the intersection of technology and life sciences? If so, your search ends here!
Seqera Labs stands at the forefront of the bioinformatics revolution, changing the way scientists process and interpret data at scale. As pioneers in deploying reproducible and scalable data pipelines across multiple computational infrastructures, our tools accelerate scientific discoveries, enable personalized medicine, and quite literally help to rewrite the code of life.
As a Cloud Support Engineer, you will be the technical face of Seqera to our customers, and you will have the opportunity to work with customers from the biggest names in Life Sciences to the world's most innovative Biotech startups. You'll use your technical acumen to troubleshoot complex customer issues, ensure the Seqera platform seamlessly functions across our customer's infrastructure, and to guide customers on how to most effectively utilize our products to achieve their goals.
Your mission will be:
Customer Troubleshooting & Support: Work directly with customers and with our internal teams to resolve complex customer issues involving Seqera's platform, delivering hands-on support around infrastructure, custom pipelines and third-party technology integrations. This involves participating in meetings with customers, managing support cases, and collaborating with Seqera’s Scientific Development and Engineering teams to propose solutions to customer challenges.
Engaging with Diverse Environments: Implement the Seqera product ecosystem across a variety of Cloud platforms and On-Prem customer environments. Leverage deep product knowledge to provide insightful solutions to customer challenges including container orchestration, TLS certificates, DNS resolution, network routing, data backup procedures, and business process automation.
Feedback & Advocacy: Convey customer feedback to our Product Management and Engineering teams to help shape our technology roadmap. Advocate for customer needs and contribute to the enhancement of Seqera's solutions.
Documentation & Knowledge Sharing: Contribute to the creation and maintenance of company documentation and knowledge articles, fostering a shared understanding of our products within the team and among customers. Help us create a culture of continuous learning.
Professional Development: Expand your technical skills across multiple domains - including Seqera's platform - through internal training and independent learning. Gain exposure to advanced practices in the realms of cloud infrastructure, container orchestration, HPC, FPGAs, GPUs, and devops, while directly engaging with clients at the cutting-edge of fields such as gene sequencing, protein folding, and cancer research.
We are looking for someone with:
- 4+ years of experience in Support Engineering and/or Cloud Platform Technical Support within an enterprise software company.
- Expertise in implementing complex real-world solutions in public clouds, with advanced skills in at least one of the following: AWS, Google Cloud, or Azure.
- Solid Linux/Unix administration skills with proven experience in system maintenance and problem-solving.
- Hands-on experience with container systems and container orchestration technologies, such as Docker and Kubernetes.
- Practical experience implementing systems in areas of networking, storage management, and authentication.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and solve problems in complex technical environments, with a proven track record of quickly adapting to new technologies and concepts.
- Excellent interpersonal skills complemented by superior written and oral communication skills; strong proficiency in English is a must.
- A creative and curious mindset with the resilience needed to thrive in a fast-moving startup environment.
Nice to have:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field highly desired, this is a very technical role.
- Proven experience & expertise in GCP and/or Azure are highly desired
- Prior experience using Git
- Exposure to hybrid cloud/on-prem environments and High Performance Compute (HPC)
- Prior experience with bioinformatics or biotechnology.