At Seqera Labs, we are looking for a Sr Marketing Lead with a strong interest in building our brand awareness and driving product adoption through high-quality strategy. The ideal candidate is a community-focused business leader, supporting a team dedicated to expanding and engaging the core clients across all life science & technology industries.
Working cross-functionally with the Product, Customer Success and Engineering teams, the Marketing Lead needs to manage and coordinate brand marketing and our community to establish growth strategies and support Seqera Labs’s revenue growth. We are looking for a creative and curious candidate who thrives in fast-paced environments and who wants to invent the future. The ideal person is team-spirited, organized and enjoys working in an international environment.
Would you like to be a part of a company with a bigger purpose and make it successful through your own ideas? If yes, keep reading!
About the role. Your mission will be:
- Project Management: Create the content marketing structure, including monthly KPI reporting and project management plans.
- Website & Landing pages content: Own the content of Seqera's local website and landing pages. You ensure the content is optimized for conversion and brings value to the audience.
- CRM Strategy: Create and execute effective CRM strategies using Hubspot.
- Blog & SEO: Organize SEO efforts by performing keyword research & driving freelance copywriters/content writers in order to improve overall ranking on SERP in the market. Proactively identifying and creating high value-added content (including blog articles, white papers, videos, webinars).
- Brand awareness: Be a brand ambassador, develop brand awareness, partner with key players of the open source communities and support goals and strategy for events and PR.
- Paid Campaigns: Ensure the overall ROI of the campaigns is viable and that our overall Customer Acquisition Cost remains within the company's standards across all channels. Develop A/B test campaigns and create insights-driven ads.
- Lead Generation: Identify reliable sources of information and drive customer acquisition through performance marketing initiatives.
- Sales Collaterals: Build and manage the execution of Product Marketing materials including sales decks and product pitch making sure they align with the overall marketing strategy.
About you. We are looking with someone with:
- 5+ years of experience as a Marketing Manager, including experience in SaaS B2B startups or open-source projects.
- Experience building teams, communities/open source communities.
- First-class English-language writing.
- Experience with online marketing tools and best practices.
- Highly analytical and inquisitive nature, strong structured thinking and prioritization skills.
- Hands-on experience with Google Analytics, and CRM (Hubspot) software - preferred.
- Experience overseeing website development using GitHub Issues or a similar source control system is nice.
Your unique set of skills:
- Great interpersonal and communication skills.
- A builder – likes to be part of a core team that is building a new thing from scratch.
- Passion for marketing and the ability to turn technical concepts into captivating & attractive stories.
- Ability to work both independently with minimal direction and collaboratively within a team.
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills.
- An eye for detail – you know great design.
- Creativity & curiosity across written, visual, and video mediums.
Why join us?
By learning from and with each other, we ensure our ability to drive innovation and make better decisions toward our mission. Most importantly, our culture provides a genuinely fun, inclusive, and challenging environment that will allow you to grow while making a huge difference in human health and beyond.
What will you find working at Seqera Labs?
- Flexible work hours, and remote-friendly culture.
- International working environment with more than 10 nationalities.
- Passionate & talented team.
- Continuous skills development, including budget for training.
- Team retreats and bonding activities.
- A culture where your opinion is valued and your decisions have a real impact on the industry.
- Excitement of a fast-growing startup in a constantly changing environment.
- Great benefits, including private health (Sanitas) & life insurance, mental health app subscription (Oliva), employee equity, and more to come.
At Seqera Labs we develop software that simplifies complex data analysis pipelines. These pipelines are used for the analysis of data like DNA sequences and fMRI in applications spanning research, agritech and the clinic. Our software enables scientists to create and securely deploy their data applications in the cloud or on traditional high-performance computing infrastructure.
We are the leading provider of open source workflow orchestration software: Nextflow. We connect data pipelines, cloud infrastructure and enable collaboration across life sciences, healthcare, imaging and machine learning. Nextflow is used by thousands of organizations of all sizes—from startups to large enterprises— to manage their data analysis and get results fast.
From personalized immunogenic vaccines to sequencing-based diagnostics, Seqera's customers are performing the most critical work on this planet. We believe in a future where scientific applications and massive datasets join forces to deliver incredible outcomes.
You should know
Seqera Labs is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. However you identify or whatever your journey to this point, we welcome all candidates to apply for the position that inspires them. Come join us and help us build a global company that everyone is proud to be part of.
As we scale, we constantly improve our in-office and WFH environments and learn to help everyone have the best setup for our company's success and your personal development, while always keeping the human touch in every aspect of our lives.