We are hiring a customer-facing, highly technical Solutions Architect to help demonstrate and implement our Nextflow Tower, our management and monitoring system for Nextflow data analysis pipelines. This is an opportunity to work with customers’ deploying leading-edge research in on-premise HPC and dedicated and hybrid cloud environments.
The person will work in a hands-on fashion to deliver demonstrations, POCs, product validations, and assist with our implementation projects. You will work in a variety of technology environments leading our prospects and customer’s cross-functional teams through high-impact projects using the latest cloud technologies.
- Solutions Engineering – Define and deliver on-site and remote technical engagements with the Seqera team, partners, and customers. This includes participating in on-site visits with prospective customers, designing and delivering polished product demonstrations. understanding customer requirements, and proposing and delivering Seqera Nextflow offerings.
- Cloud and On-premise Implementations – Collaborate with customers to assist them with learning and implementing Seqera’s Nextflow solutions in a wide array of target environments
- Delivery – Engagements will include assisting with the migration of existing workflows and data, and deployment of data pipelines using public cloud services. Engagements include brief on-site projects proving the use of public cloud services to support new HPC distributed computing solutions that can span on-premises services and cloud.
- Oversight & Feedback – Work with Seqera’s Product Management, Engineering, and Support teams to convey partner and customer feedback as input to technology roadmaps. Share real-world implementation challenges and recommend new capabilities that would simplify adoption and drive greater value from the use of Seqera’s solutions.
- Proven skills and experience with implementing solutions in public clouds with specific expertise with at least one of AWS, Google, or Azure.
- Strong customer-facing skills to represent Seqera within the customer’s environment and to drive discussions with senior personnel regarding trade-offs, best practices, project management, and risk mitigation
- Solid verbal and written communications skills and ability to lead effectively across organizations
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and communicate about business, product, and technical challenges
- Highly technical and analytical, possessing 5 or more years of IT implementation experience
- Deep hands-on experience leading the design and deployment of business software at scale
- Current hands-on systems implementation experience, including specific skills in networking, storage management, and authentication
- Strong Linux administration experience
- Kubernetes, Docker, and containers experience highly preferred
- Experience in High-Performance Computing is not a requirement but would be a tremendous asset
- BS level technical degree or equivalent required; Computer Science or Math background preferred
Join our talented international team working from our seaside offices in Barcelona, just a few meters away from the beach in Poblenou, or make yourself a home from a remote location all over the world — flexibility is one of our key values.
As we scale, we constantly improve our in-office and WFH environments and learn to help everyone have the best setup for our company's success and your personal development, while keeping always the human touch in every aspect of our lives.
Starting with a highly competitive salary package, attractive employee equity, and a high degree of autonomy, we provide private health and life insurance, mental health support, and many other benefits including training, courses, and events.
By learning from and with each other, we ensure our ability to drive innovation and make better decisions in our mission. Most importantly, our culture provides a genuinely fun, inclusive, and challenging environment that will allow you to grow while making a huge difference in human health and beyond.
Seqera Labs is the leading provider of open source workflow orchestration software. We connect data pipelines, cloud infrastructure, and secure collaboration across life sciences, healthcare, imaging, and machine learning.
From personalized immunogenic vaccines to sequencing-based diagnostics, our customers are performing the most critical work on this planet. We believe in a future where scientific applications and massive datasets join forces to deliver for incredible outcomes.
Nearly 10 years ago, we created Nextflow frustrated with the challenge of developing and sharing analysis pipelines across the infrastructure. Along the way, we've defined a new approach to data pipelines with containerized workloads that make the cloud accessible to the next generation of developers, scientists, and engineers.
Driven by the Nextflow community — the conductors of our culture, principles, and products — we prioritized a seamless user experience, growing the open-source project from inception to thousands of active users. We are now supporting this unique, vibrant and global ecosystem of thousands of scientists and organizations in 187 countries.
The company has received backing from leading partners to expand the Nextflow vision, grow the team and take on the important challenges, on which our global health and prosperity depend. Today, we take our core principles and help customers with their own journey into data collaboration and compliance — at scale.