We are hiring a customer-facing, highly technical Solutions Architect to help demonstrate and implement our Nextflow Tower, our management and monitoring system for Nextflow data analysis pipelines. This is an opportunity to work with customers’ deploying leading edge research in on-premise HPC and dedicated and hybrid cloud environments.
The person will work in a hands-on fashion to deliver demonstrations, POCs, product validations, and lead our implementation projects. You will work in a variety of technology environments leading our prospects and customer’s cross-functional teams through high impact projects using the latest cloud technologies.
- Cloud and On-premise Implementations – Collaborate with customers to assist them with learning and implementing Seqera’s Nextflow solutions in a wide array of target environments
- Solutions Engineering – Define and deliver on-site and remote technical engagements with the Seqera team, partners, and customers. This includes participating in on-site visits with prospective customers, designing and delivering polished product demonstrations. understanding customer requirements, and proposing and delivering Seqera Nextflow offerings.
- Delivery – Engagements will include assisting with migration of existing workflows and data, and deployment of data pipelines using public cloud services. Engagements include brief on-site projects proving the use of public cloud services to support new HPC distributed computing solutions that can span on-premise services and cloud.
- Oversight & Feedback – Work with Seqera’s Product Management, Engineering and Support teams to convey partner and customer feedback as input to technology roadmaps. Share real world implementation challenges and recommend new capabilities that would simplify adoption and drive greater value from use of Seqera’s solutions.
- Proven skills and experience with implementing solutions in public clouds with specific expertise with at least one of AWS, Google or Azure.
- Strong customer facing skills to represent Seqera within the customer’s environment and to drive discussions with senior personnel regarding trade-offs, best practices, project management and risk mitigation
- Solid verbal and written communications skills and ability to lead effectively across organizations
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and communicate about business, product, and technical challenges
- Highly technical and analytical, possessing 5 or more years of IT implementation experience
- Deep hands-on experience leading the design and deployment of business software at scale
- Current hands-on systems implementation experience, including specific skills in networking, storage management and authentication
- Strong Linux administration experience
- Kubernetes, Docker and containers experience highly preferred
- Experience in High Performance Computing is not a requirement but would be a tremendous asset
- BS level technical degree or equivalent required; Computer Science or Math background preferred
Join the talented international team working from Toronto or remotely anywhere in North America. We offer a highly competitive salary package, attractive employee equity and a high degree of autonomy. Most importantly we provide a genuinely fun, inclusive and challenging environment that will allow you to grow while making a difference to human health.
Seqera Labs is working to deliver the most seamless experience for data analysis pipelines at scale. We created Nextflow in 2014, a widely adopted open-source software framework for the development of scientific workflows. Seqera was founded in 2018 to build on the Nextflow mission of providing the next generation of deployment solutions for massively scalable data pipelines across clusters and clouds. In mid-2020 the company received backing from Europe’s leading VC firms to grow the vision and expand the team.
How to apply
Send a CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘Solutions Architect’ in the subject line.