Do you enjoy developing beautiful user interfaces? Seqera is currently seeking an experienced Angular front-end engineer who has excellent abilities to work in a team and wants to grow their skill set as a developer. As an Angular frontend developer in the Engineering team, your software will help contribute to accelerating the pace of scientific innovation.
You will oversee the development of the Nextflow Tower user interface that forms the core of the product. Working within the engineering team, you will interface with product and design teams to develop new UI features. The ideal candidate has solid experience in designing and implementing modern, interactive UIs within a microservices architecture.
- Plan and execute the development of user interface features
- Collaborate with frontend team members to maintain and improve the application codebases
- Work with backend team members to ensure API requirements support the UI needs.
- Identify, troubleshoot, and resolve UI/UX issues
- Write automated unit tests for application and library code
- Integrate with the QA team to identify end to end test cases
- Work closely with design and product team members to understand UX challenges, suggest improvements, and accelerate development.
- 3+ years of experience with custom software development
- 1+ years of experience in front-end development with Angular 7+, Typescript, and CSS
- Thorough knowledge of enterprise application software development life-cycle
- A strong curiosity about our clients’ business needs, coupled with a passion to stay on the cutting edge
- Ability to demonstrate skills in analysis, design, implementation, and development process
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience consistently delivering in an agile environment
- Strong analytical skills, with excellent problem-solving abilities in the face of ambiguity
- Understanding of HCI and UX design principles and techniques
- Entrepreneurial “can do” attitude with the ability to find creative, pragmatic solutions
- Experience developing enterprise software, microservices, event driven architectures, and cloud technologies are a strong plus.
- Passionate about technology, continuous learner
- Scientific or data science Ph.D./MS degree is a plus
Join our talented international team working from our seaside offices in Barcelona, just a few meters away from the beach in Poblenou, or make yourself a home from a remote location all over the world — flexibility is one of our key values.
As we scale, we constantly improve our in-office and WFH environments and learn to help everyone have the best setup for our company's success and your personal development, while keeping always the human touch in every aspect of our lives.
Starting with a highly competitive salary package, attractive employee equity, and a high degree of autonomy, we provide private health and life insurance, mental health support, and many other benefits including training, courses, and events.
By learning from and with each other, we ensure our ability to drive innovation and make better decisions in our mission. Most importantly, our culture provides a genuinely fun, inclusive, and challenging environment that will allow you to grow while making a huge difference in human health and beyond.
Seqera Labs is the leading provider of open source workflow orchestration software. We connect data pipelines, cloud infrastructure, and secure collaboration across life sciences, healthcare, imaging, and machine learning.
From personalized immunogenic vaccines to sequencing-based diagnostics, our customers are performing the most critical work on this planet. We believe in a future where scientific applications and massive datasets join forces to deliver for incredible outcomes.
Nearly 10 years ago, we created Nextflow frustrated with the challenge of developing and sharing analysis pipelines across the infrastructure. Along the way, we've defined a new approach to data pipelines with containerized workloads that make the cloud accessible to the next generation of developers, scientists, and engineers.
Driven by the Nextflow community — the conductors of our culture, principles, and products — we prioritized a seamless user experience, growing the open-source project from inception to thousands of active users. We are now supporting this unique, vibrant and global ecosystem of thousands of scientists and organizations in 187 countries.
The company has received backing from leading partners to expand the Nextflow vision, grow the team and take on the important challenges, on which our global health and prosperity depend. Today, we take our core principles and help customers with their own journey into data collaboration and compliance — at scale.