Software Engineer - Angular
Do you enjoy developing beautiful user interfaces? Seqera is currently seeking an experienced Angular frontend engineer who has a excellent abilities to work in a team and wants to grow their skill set as a developer.
As an Angular frontend developer in the Engineering team, your software will help contribute to accelerating the pace of scientific innovation. You will oversee the development of the Nextflow Tower user interface that forms the core of the product. Working within the engineering team, you will interface with product and design teams to develop new UI features.
The ideal person has a solid experience in designing and implementing modern, interactive UIs within a microservices architecture.
- Plan and execute the development of user interface features
- Collaborate with frontend team members to maintain and improve the application codebases
- Work with backend team members to ensure API requirement support the UI needs.
- Identify, troubleshoot, and resolve UI/UX issues
- Write automated unit tests for application and library code
- Integrate with the QA team to identify end to end test cases
- Work closely with design and product team members to understand UX challenges, suggest improvements, and accelerate development.
- 3+ years of experience with custom software development
- 1+ years of experience in front-end development with Angular 7+, Typescript, and CSS
- Thorough knowledge of enterprise application software development life-cycle
- A strong curiosity about our clients’ business needs, coupled with a passion to stay on the cutting edge
- Ability to demonstrate skills in analysis, design, implementation, and development process
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience consistently delivering in an agile environment
- Strong analytical skills, with excellent problem-solving abilities in the face of ambiguity
- Understanding of HCI and UX design principles and techniques
- Entrepreneurial “can do” attitude with the ability to find creative, pragmatic solutions
- Experience developing enterprise software, microservices, event driven architectures, and cloud technologies are a strong plus.
- Passionate about technology, continuous learner
- Scientific or data science Ph.D./MS degree is a plus
Join the talented international team working from our beautiful Barcelona offices - 200m from the beach in Poblenou. We offer a highly competitive salary package, attractive employee equity and a high degree of autonomy. Most importantly we provide a genuinely fun, inclusive and challenging environment that will allow you to grow while making a difference to human health.
Seqera Labs is working to deliver the most seamless experience for data analysis pipelines at scale. We created Nextflow in 2014, a widely adopted open-source software framework for the development of scientific workflows. Seqera was founded in 2018 to build on the Nextflow mission of providing the next generation of deployment solutions for massively scalable data pipelines across clusters and clouds. In mid-2020 the company received backing from Europe’s leading VC firms to grow the vision and expand the team.
How to apply
Send a CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Angular Engineer” in the subject line.