Seqera is the leading provider of workflow orchestration software enabling collaborative data analysis at scale. Our mission is to empower scientists everywhere with foundational software for collaborative data analysis.
A better world through accelerated scientific discovery.
In the coming years, biotech will profoundly reshape the way we live. Gene editing and cell therapy are already bringing dramatic changes in how we treat cancer and other major illnesses. The use of biofuels and biomaterials is transforming the very essence of the cars we drive, the clothes we wear, and the composition of everyday objects. Advancements in crop science and synthetic biology are fostering the development of sustainable and ethical food sources.
At Seqera, our mission is to empower scientists to solve today's most complex and important challenges – from pioneering innovative therapeutics to unveiling the secrets of our universe. Our journey began with Nextflow — open software that helps over 100,000 global scientists to analyze and process data correctly, with more power and flexibility than ever before. Seqera equips scientists with modern software development tools to conduct science faster, on larger datasets, and with more confidence. We accelerate discoveries in an open world.
Our products are used for some of the most important work on the planet, including developing personalized immunogenic vaccines, new diagnostics, ML-based image processing, and pathogenic surveillance. For more information on Seqera, visit http://seqera.io or check our tech stack here: https://github.com/seqeralabs
*Please Note that LinkedIn requires us to list a specific location. This is a full-time position - Senior level.#LI-Remote: EU (Spain, UK or Portugal)
About the role
We are looking for an experienced and dedicated Security Engineer to join our growing team. This Security Engineer will be one of the founding members of our Security Function working closely with Engineering and partnering with all functions across the company to help Seqera build out and maintain an enterprise-level Security Posture. We serve the Scientific Community from start to finish, and security works the same way, all the way from the Pipeline Configuration to the Data Analyst experience, we want our customers to become safer by bringing our platform into their infrastructure. If you thrive in a dynamic, innovation-driven environment, are eager to make your mark on the forefront of scientific advancement and embody the Seqera mission of scaling science and research through technology. This role is your chance to shine!
Would you like to be a part of a company with a bigger purpose and make it successful with your own ideas? If yes, keep reading!
What You’ll Do
- Devise and bolster defence-in-depth through secure-by-default frameworks, architectures and processes.
- Get a deep understanding of Seqera’s software development life cycle, system architecture, delivery mechanisms and configuration management. Enable us to perform threat modeling and security assessment of all of these systems
- Create solutions and processes to identify, resolve and mitigate security vulnerabilities and risks. Develop innovative ways to prevent and detect security incidents.
- Partner with the Engineering team to build secure scalable and maintainable products, tools and infrastructure.
- Research threats and attack vectors that impact Seqera’s applications and infrastructure.
- Mentor, educate and share security standards and processes with all parts of the organisation.
- Detect and respond to security incidents and participate in an incident on-call rotation.
- Partner with the infrastructure team, engineering team and compliance team to maintain and further improve our cloud security posture.
- Build and mature a threat-hunting program.
- Help spread security knowledge within Seqera and nurture a healthy security culture among engineering teams
- You are a fast learner and are able to navigate across multiple functions and complex systems.
- You are able to work both independently and as part of a team. You strive to drive collaboration, and decision making and have deeper opinions on security design.
- You have xperience with Product Development life cycle and tools that enable vulnerability management, secret management, secure authentication across CI/CD and every experience with deploying and managing Data Loss Prevention (DLP) initiatives
- You have good technical writing skills and can explain complex topics in simple terms.
- You have experience in identifying and responding to complex incidents across endpoint, network, and cloud.
- You have experience with assessing risks, base on your understanding of the threat landscape and our systems.
- Experience with Infrastructure As Code to enable code-driven security configurations in a multi-cloud environment
- Experience in cloud security, especially for AWS( IAM, secure configuration of services, AWS Cloudtrail, SCP’s, AWS Org, Config etc.)
- Ability to understand the whole solution, not just the technology.
- Focus on the end-to-end lifecycle of solving a problem and solution for it and not just implementing a security technology.
- You have experience implementing and securing access using modern-era, enterprise level tools and techniques (e.g. WebAuthn, SSH over HTTP, Ephemeral access)
- Strong proficiency in one or more programming/scripting languages, with the ability to mentor others on best practices.
- Experience implementing SIEM, EDR, and CSPM solutions.
- You have or are willing to develop expertise in detection engineering.
- Experience in cloud security across multiple clouds including GCP, Azure, and private or on-prem/HPC solutions.
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of colour are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification, At Seqera, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role, and your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
Why join us?
By learning from and with each other, we ensure our ability to drive innovation and make better decisions toward our mission. Most importantly, our culture provides a genuinely fun, inclusive, and challenging environment that will allow you to grow while making a huge difference in human health and beyond.
What will you find working at Seqera?
- Flexible working hours, and remote-friendly culture.
- International working environment with more than 25 nationalities.
- Passionate & talented team.
- Continuous skills development.
- Team retreats and bonding activities.
- A culture where your opinion is valued and your decisions have a real impact on the industry.
- Excitement of a fast-growing startup in a constantly changing environment.
- Time off: holidays in accordance with the local legislation + 3 days given by Seqera in December of 2023, and the national/public holidays according to your location.
- Private health insurance
- Private life insurance
- Home office allowance (valued over 1,000 USD)
- Subscription to Oliva, Mental Health App
- Learning and development budget per year (1,000 USD)
You should know
Seqera is proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. However you identify or whatever your journey to this point, we welcome all candidates to apply for the position that inspires them. Come join us and help us build a global company that everyone is proud to be part of.
As we scale, we constantly improve our in-office and WFH environments and learn to help everyone have the best setup for our company's success and your personal development, while always keeping the human touch in every aspect of our lives.