Seqera is the leading provider of workflow orchestration software enabling collaborative data analysis at scale. Our mission is to empower scientists everywhere with foundational software for collaborative data analysis.
A better world through accelerated scientific discovery.
In the coming years, biotech will profoundly reshape the way we live. Gene editing and cell therapy are already bringing dramatic changes in how we treat cancer and other major illnesses. The use of biofuels and biomaterials is transforming the very essence of the cars we drive, the clothes we wear, and the composition of everyday objects. Advancements in crop science and synthetic biology are fostering the development of sustainable and ethical food sources.
At Seqera, our mission is to empower scientists to solve today's most complex and important challenges – from pioneering innovative therapeutics to unveiling the secrets of our universe. Our journey began with Nextflow — open software that helps over 100,000 global scientists to analyze and process data correctly, with more power and flexibility than ever before. Seqera equips scientists with modern software development tools to conduct science faster, on larger datasets, and with more confidence. We accelerate discoveries in an open world.
Our products are used for some of the most important work on the planet, including developing personalized immunogenic vaccines, new diagnostics, ML-based image processing, and pathogenic surveillance. For more information on Seqera, visit http://seqera.io or check our tech stack here: https://github.com/seqeralabs
*Please Note that LinkedIn requires us to list a specific location. This is a full-time position - Senior level.#LI-Hybrid: Barcelona (Spain) or Boston (Massachusetts, US)
About the role
We are looking for an IT Engineer who will work side-by-side with our Head of IT and Compliance to help scale our IT operations. As part of the engineering organization, we are currently focused on building our IT foundation to help the organization scale while improving our employee experience and keeping our company and customers safe and compliant.
We’re looking for a passionate engineer who likes to build and implement things from scratch, with a strong automation and employee experience mindset, and who likes to get stuff done while having fun and scale in a fast-paced environment.
We expect IT engineers to research, find, and propose solutions that solve the problems, not just crunch tickets.
Would you like to be a part of a company with a bigger purpose and make it successful with your own ideas? If yes, keep reading!
What You'll Do
- Lead IT operations and user support, including access management, device management, onboarding and offboarding processes, etc.
- Own and automate business systems with the likes of Okta, Kandji, Intune, GWorkspace, Slack, Jira, Github through the use of their APIs and iPaaS tools like Workato
- Develop and maintain documentation for supported applications, processes, and training material for internal employees and IT staff
- Work with Security, PeopleOps, and Business Operations to develop and improve critical business processes with an automation mindset
- Support and manage Corporate Systems and Infrastructure
- Collaborate with different stakeholders to coordinate the implementation and audit of IT policies
- You are motivated by helping others succeed. When things break - and they will - you are eager and able to help fix things. You like thinking of ways to improve efficiency or bring delight to the people you work with.
- You have curiosity about how things work
- You know that the internet is a scary place, and understand information security concepts and have experience implementing them in a corporate environment
- You are a strong communicator. Explaining complex technical concepts to other employees, especially non-technical staff, is no problem for you
- You have experience implementing and maintaining cloud-based IT systems and services in a corporate environment like Okta, Google Workspace, Slack, Jira, etc
- You have MDM/endpoint configuration management experience with tools such as Kandji or Intune as well as hands-on expertise supporting Mac, Windows, and Linux devices
- You are familiar with developing automation workflows and integrations for repetitive or manual tasks through scripting and iPaaS platforms like Workato, Tray.io, Make.com…
- You are passionate about scripting manual tasks with languages like Bash, Powershell, Python, or Go
- You like to track your code in Git and have experience working with CI/CD tools
- Knowledge of configuration management tools like Terraform, Puppet, Ansible or Chef
- Experience managing office infrastructure like Networking and on-prem servers, Audio-visual systems, CCTV, and Access Management systems.
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification, At Seqera, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role, and your experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
Why join us?
By learning from and with each other, we ensure our ability to drive innovation and make better decisions toward our mission. Most importantly, our culture provides a genuinely fun, inclusive, and challenging environment that will allow you to grow while making a huge difference in human health and beyond.
What will you find working at Seqera?
- Flexible working hours, and remote-friendly culture.
- International working environment with more than 25 nationalities.
- Passionate & talented team.
- Continuous skills development.
- Team retreats and bonding activities.
- A culture where your opinion is valued and your decisions have a real impact on the industry.
- Excitement of a fast-growing startup in a constantly changing environment.
- Time off: holidays in accordance with the local legislation + 3 days given by Seqera in December of 2023, and the national/public holidays according to your location.
- Private health insurance
- Private life insurance
- Home office allowance (valued over 1,000 USD)
- Subscription to Oliva, Mental Health App
- Learning and development budget per year (1,000 USD)
You should know
Seqera is proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. However you identify or whatever your journey to this point, we welcome all candidates to apply for the position that inspires them. Come join us and help us build a global company that everyone is proud to be part of.
As we scale, we constantly improve our in-office and WFH environments and learn to help everyone have the best setup for our company's success and your personal development, while always keeping the human touch in every aspect of our lives.