Senior Accounting & Controlling Specialist
Barcelona / Finance, Legal & Operations / Full-time
Seqera is the leading provider of workflow orchestration software enabling collaborative data analysis at scale. Our mission is to empower scientists everywhere with foundational software for collaborative data analysis.
A better world through accelerated scientific discovery.
In the coming years, biotech will profoundly reshape the way we live. Gene editing and cell therapy are already bringing dramatic changes in how we treat cancer and other major illnesses. The use of biofuels and biomaterials is transforming the very essence of the cars we drive, the clothes we wear, and the composition of everyday objects. Advancements in crop science and synthetic biology are fostering the development of sustainable and ethical food sources.
At Seqera, our mission is to empower scientists to solve today's most complex and important challenges – from pioneering innovative therapeutics to unveiling the secrets of our universe. Our journey began with Nextflow — open software that helps over 100,000 global scientists to analyze and process data correctly, with more power and flexibility than ever before. Seqera equips scientists with modern software development tools to conduct science faster, on larger datasets, and with more confidence. We accelerate discoveries in an open world.
Our products are used for some of the most important work on the planet, including developing personalized immunogenic vaccines, new diagnostics, ML-based image processing, and pathogenic surveillance. For more information on Seqera, visit http://seqera.io
About the role
- We are looking for an Accounting and Controlling Specialist to join our finance team in Barcelona. Reporting to Alexandra Charles | LinkedIn, you will manage our day to day accounting operations whilst implementing new processes & systems to support our incredible growth!
- This is an exciting opportunity to join a company at early stages and be able to shape the department for the future! You can play an active role and witness from the front row everything we will put in place to support the organization!
What You'll Do
- Manage day to day accounting operations in Spanish and US GAAP books
- Establish all processes required to prepare the company for a statutory and group audit when the time comes
- Liaise with the fiduciary and legal firms to ensure compliance with local requirements
- Submit all annual accounts, tax filings and forms needed for each legal entity
- Implement and maintain internal controls processes at a company level to reduce business risks
- Ownership of the Finance systems, including Netsuite ERP
- Support the Finance Director with treasury and cash flow management
- Ad hoc projects related to the structuring of the company
- 3-5 years of experience
- Audit experience required
- Software / tech experience preferred
- Fluent in English and Spanish
- Growth mindset
- Hands on experience
- Knowledge of Netsuite ERP
- Previous experience in a start up environment
- Background in Life Sciences
Why join us?
By learning from and with each other, we ensure our ability to drive innovation and make better decisions toward our mission. Most importantly, our culture provides a genuinely fun, inclusive, and challenging environment that will allow you to grow while making a huge difference in human health and beyond.
What will you find working at Seqera?
- Flexible working hours, and remote-friendly culture.
- International working environment with more than 25 nationalities.
- Passionate & talented team.
- Continuous skills development.
- Team retreats and bonding activities.
- A culture where your opinion is valued and your decisions have a real impact on the industry.
- Excitement of a fast-growing startup in a constantly changing environment.
- Time off: holidays in accordance with the local legislation + 3 days given by Seqera in December of 2023, and the national/public holidays according to your location.
- Private health insurance
- Private life insurance
- Home office allowance (valued over 1,000 USD)
- Subscription to Oliva, Mental Health App
- Learning and development budget per year (1,000 USD)
You should know
Seqera is proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. However you identify or whatever your journey to this point, we welcome all candidates to apply for the position that inspires them. Come join us and help us build a global company that everyone is proud to be part of.
As we scale, we constantly improve our in-office and WFH environments and learn to help everyone have the best setup for our company's success and your personal development, while always keeping the human touch in every aspect of our lives.