Do you want to make meaningful contributions and grow your career at a company with a greater purpose? Join Seqera Labs, and help us expand our business!
Our Commercial team seeks a dynamic and tenacious Sales Director to develop strategic account expansion plans and guide our customers through technical and business issues to drive greater adoption of our products. We are seeking someone with a demonstrated ability to manage sophisticated relationships within an organization and to navigate highly complex, solutions-oriented customer conversations with a variety of key stakeholders.
If you’re passionate about establishing and growing key partnerships, then this is the role for you.
About the role
The Sales Director will be responsible for developing and managing our expansion business at well known customer’s growing 6 and 7 figure annual recurring revenue (ARR) relationships.
Your mission will be
- Develop key account business plans, expansion strategy, and execute.
- Develop deep, long term, trusting relationships with potential customers, understanding their business needs and technical challenges.
- Position and leverage sales expansion opportunities to grow and retain dedicated, strategic customers at all levels within their organization.
- Maintain a robust opportunity pipeline including prospecting, qualifying, validating, and assessing opportunities, and identifying and analyzing new strategic opportunities with each named account.
- Collect and share market insights within the organization.
- Engage with customers on requirements, developing project deliverables and coordinating the execution of implementation and projects.
- Collaborate internally with customer success, product management and engineering teams to drive alignment and advocate on behalf of your clients.
- Communicate the status and issues within the pipeline and key accounts across the organization.
- Manage customer satisfaction levels and coordinate/delegate value-adding activities.
About you. We are looking for someone with:
- Extensive enterprise sales experience including selling strategic solutions to healthcare and life sciences organizations; engaging with C-suite executives, and negotiating enterprise agreements.
- Driven and have met/exceeded direct sales goals of $1.5M+ per year and operated with an average deal size of $100k+.
- Able to demonstrate a methodology to prospect and build a pipeline on your own, and expand the business with each account.
- Experienced in working for an innovative tech company (SaaS, Open Source, or similar preferred), partnering with internal teams including sales, executive management, product, customer success, and product management to expand business within key accounts.
- Ability to effectively communicate and clearly explain technology to different audiences, through writing, presentations, and demos.
- Proficiency with sales automation/CRM tools
- Excellent written and verbal English.
Nice to have:
- Strong understanding of the healthcare industry, including the organizational structure of pharma and healthcare companies, and the ability to segment and prioritize customer segments based on landscape knowledge.
- Experience and understanding of high-level bioinformatics concepts.
- Practice in bringing in and managing subject matter experts to further strategic account goals.
- Experience selling sophisticated, enterprise, cloud-based solutions.
Your unique set of skills are:
- Self-motivated and a proactive thinker – can work independently and in teams.
- Metrics and data-driven mindset.
- Resilience and tenacity personality– willing to pursue opportunities with persistence, and invest the time and energy required to drive a complex and lengthy process to a successful sale.
- Exceptional verbal, written, organizational, presentation, and communications skills
- Critical thinker with problem-solving skills.
- An eye for detail and well-organized.
Why join us?
By learning from and with each other, we ensure our ability to drive innovation and make better decisions toward our mission. Most importantly, our culture provides a genuinely fun, inclusive, and challenging environment that will allow you to grow while making a huge difference in human health and beyond.
What will you find working at Seqera Labs?
- Flexible working hours, and remote-friendly culture.
- International working environment with more than 10 nationalities.
- Passionate & talented team.
- Continuous skills development, including budget for training.
- Team retreats and bonding activities.
- A culture where your opinion is valued and your decisions have a real impact on the industry.
- Excitement of a fast-growing startup in a constantly changing environment.
- Great benefits, including private health insurance, mental health app subscription (Oliva), employee equity, and more to come.
At Seqera Labs we develop software that simplifies complex data analysis pipelines. These pipelines are used for the analysis of data like DNA sequences and fMRI in applications spanning research, agritech and the clinic. Our software enables scientists to create and securely deploy their data applications in the cloud or on traditional high-performance computing infrastructure.
We are the creators and the leading provider of the open-source workflow orchestration software: Nextflow. We connect data pipelines, cloud infrastructure and enable collaboration across life sciences, healthcare, imaging and machine learning. Nextflow is used by thousands of organizations of all sizes—from startups to large enterprises— to manage their data analysis and get results fast.
From personalized immunogenic vaccines to sequencing-based diagnostics, Seqera's customers are performing the most critical work on this planet. We believe in a future where scientific applications and massive datasets join forces to deliver incredible outcomes.
You should know
Seqera Labs is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. However you identify or whatever your journey to this point, we welcome all candidates to apply for the position that inspires them. Come join us and help us build a global company that everyone is proud to be part of.
As we scale, we constantly improve our in-office and WFH environments and learn to help everyone have the best setup for our company's success and your personal development, while always keeping the human touch in every aspect of our lives.