We believe that the next technological revolution has already begun — biotech, biopharma and healthcare are accelerating at an astronomical pace, and are unlocking solutions to some of the world’s most pressing problems. From novel vaccines and personalized medicines, to low-waste cellular factories that produce our household materials, the Life Sciences represent tantalizing promise for the future.
At Seqera Labs, we partner with breakthrough biotech and biopharma organizations to advance their technologies. We are looking for a science-minded person who is interested in a fast-paced sales career to help us expand our reach within these communities.
The Sales Development Representative (SDR) will work closely with our sales and marketing teams to research the Life Sciences industry, identify and engage new prospective customers, and expand the company’s business development programs.
We are an early-stage startup: Aside from your daily duties as an SDR, you will have the opportunity to learn about scaling a biotech software company, and expand your ownership across the organization as we grow.
About the role. Your mission will be:
- Create a fantastic first impression with prospects and customers with the goal of building pipeline.
- Engage and qualify inbound requests for scientific fit and purchase-readiness.
- Uncover scientific workflows, challenges, and needs from prospects and customers.
- Organize, categorize, and prioritize sales leads and measure lead conversion and performance.
- Work with Sales and Marketing to drive outbound prospecting activities, including cold calling, emailing, attending in-person events, and more.
- Learn from and work alongside senior sales management to accelerate and close deals.
- Leverage prospecting tools to research companies and identify key decision makers at new accounts.
- Develop customized pitches for different target accounts and personas.
- Work with the field marketing and sales to drive attendance to Seqera events, and subsequently follow up with attendees to drive new business
- Provide feedback on how we can optimize our lead generation and sales process.
- Partner with sales and marketing leadership to brainstorm and test new ideas to further our reach within the scientific community.
About you. We are looking for someone with:
- Some experience in Sales Development, Business Development, or similar role with some prior life sciences industry experience. Otherwise strong interest in exploring a fast-paced sales career.
- Strong understanding of the life sciences industry, including the organizational structure of pharma and healthcare companies, and the ability to segment and prioritize customers based on landscape knowledge.
- Excellent written and verbal English skills.
- Self-motivated and a proactive thinker – can work independently and in teams.
- Driven to meet/exceed goals with a proven history of consistent high achievement.
- Resilience and tenacity – willing to pursue opportunities with persistence, and invest the time and energy required to drive a complex and lengthy process to a successful sale.
- Not afraid to pick up the phone and cold call, or ask difficult questions to prospects and customers.
- Critical thinker with problem-solving skills.
- An eye for detail and well-organized.
Nice to have:
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent, within the life sciences.
- Experience and understanding of high-level bioinformatics concepts.
- Experience selling sophisticated, enterprise, cloud-based solutions.
- Familiar with a full sales cycle (outreach, follow-ups, meetings, closing deals).
- Experience using CRM tools to optimize customer interaction, develop target lists, and generate reports.
Why join us?
By learning from and with each other, we ensure our ability to drive innovation and make better decisions toward our mission. Most importantly, our culture provides a genuinely fun, inclusive, and challenging environment that will allow you to grow while making a huge difference in human health and beyond.
What will you find working at Seqera Labs?
- Flexible working hours, and remote-friendly culture.
- International working environment with more than 15 nationalities.
- Passionate & talented team.
- Continuous skills development, including a USD 1,000 budget for training (*equivalent in other currencies).
- Team retreats and bonding activities.
- A culture where your opinion is valued and your decisions have a real impact on the industry.
- Excitement of a fast-growing startup in a constantly changing environment.
- Great benefits, including private health insurance, mental health app subscription (Oliva), employee equity, and more to come.
You can watch this video for a quick understanding of who we are and what we do :).
At Seqera Labs we develop software that simplifies complex data analysis pipelines. These pipelines are used for the analysis of data like DNA sequences and fMRI in applications spanning research, agritech and the clinic. Our software enables scientists to create and securely deploy their data applications in the cloud or on traditional high-performance computing infrastructure.
We are the creators and leading provider of open-source workflow orchestration software: Nextflow. We connect data pipelines, cloud infrastructure and enable collaboration across life sciences, healthcare, imaging and machine learning. Nextflow is used by thousands of organizations of all sizes—from startups to large enterprises— to manage their data analysis and get results fast.
From personalized immunogenic vaccines to sequencing-based diagnostics, Seqera's customers are performing the most critical work on this planet. We believe in a future where scientific applications and massive datasets join forces to deliver incredible outcomes.
You should know
Seqera Labs is proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. However you identify or whatever your journey to this point, we welcome all candidates to apply for the position that inspires them. Come join us and help us build a global company that everyone is proud to be part of.
As we scale, we constantly improve our in-office and WFH environments and learn to help everyone have the best setup for our company's success and your personal development, while always keeping the human touch in every aspect of our lives.