At Seqera Labs, we are looking for a QA Engineer to be part of our Engineering team. We are looking for a curious person with an ambitious appetite for the continuous improvement and development of our product. The ideal candidate is an expert with an eye for detail when it comes to Quality Assurance and takes it as a personal mission to help the team achieve the level of excellence.
Would you like to be a part of a company with a bigger purpose and make it successful with your own ideas? If yes, keep reading!
About the role
- Assess software quality by designing, implementing, and documenting software testing processes.
- Be responsible for validating sensitive platform scenarios and use cases.
- Estimate, prioritize, plan and coordinate testing activities.
- Track quality assurance metrics, like defect densities and bug counts.
- Design, review and execute test cases for our product.
- Own and supervise the QA flow to ensure that every release meets our quality standards.
- Help define and review acceptance criteria together with the development team.
- Create detailed, comprehensive, and well-structured test plans and test cases.
- Share best practices and make sure everyone follows best practices.
- Estimate, prioritize, and plan testing activities.
- Hunt bugs, identify issues, report them, and see that they’re dealt with.
- Understand customer use cases
- Dive deep into software development, and developing QA approaches to measure customer experience and confidence in the product.
- Take ownership of code quality through exploratory and automated tests.
- Collaborate with engineers to keep documentation relevant and up-to-date
- Experience and up-to-date with the latest developments within the QA field.
- Experience as QAE, SDET, or SDE.
- Proven ability to design, implement, debug and troubleshoot code in at least one modern programming language.
- Experience with QA methodologies and software testing techniques and tools.
- Demonstrated experience in test planning, test design, test strategy, and test execution.
- Demonstrated experience in measuring and reporting quality-related metrics to identify trends and proactively solve problems.
- Experience with tools like Selenium, Cypress, or other end-to-end testing tools.
- Experience working closely with development and business teams to exchange project information and understand business requirements
- Advanced level of English
Your unique set of skills are
- Great interpersonal and communication skills.
- A builder – likes to be part of a core team that is building a new thing from scratch.
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills.
- An eye for detail.
- Creativity & curiosity across all solutions given to clients.
- Positive mind and solution-oriented while being quality-oriented.
- Experience in working with both engineering and product teams in order to achieve the biggest impact on the value delivered.
Why working at Seqera rocks?
By learning from and with each other, we ensure our ability to drive innovation and make better decisions in our mission. Most importantly, our culture provides a genuinely fun, inclusive, and challenging environment that will allow you to grow while making a huge difference in human health and beyond.
Join us and you will enjoy all of these:
- Awesome international working environment
- Passionate & talented team
- Continuous skills development
- Mental health app access
- Team retreats and bonding activities
At Seqera Labs we develop software that simplifies complex data analysis pipelines. These pipelines are used for the analysis of data like DNA sequences and fMRI in applications spanning research, agritech and the clinic. Our software enables scientists to create and securely deploy their data applications in the cloud or on traditional high-performance computing infrastructure.
We are the leading provider of open source workflow orchestration software: Nextflow. We connect data pipelines, cloud infrastructure and enable collaboration across life sciences, healthcare, imaging and machine learning. Nextflow is used by thousands of organizations of all sizes—from startups to large enterprises— to manage their data analysis and get results fast.
From personalized immunogenic vaccines to sequencing-based diagnostics, Seqera's customers are performing the most critical work on this planet. We believe in a future where scientific applications and massive datasets join forces to deliver incredible outcomes.
You should know
Seqera Labs is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. However you identify or whatever your journey to this point, we welcome all candidates to apply for the position that inspires them. Come join us and help us build a global company that everyone is proud to be part of.
As we scale, we constantly improve our in-office and WFH environments and learn to help everyone have the best setup for our company's success and your personal development, while always keeping the human touch in every aspect of our lives.