At Seqera Labs, we are looking for a Developer Advocate to spearhead the Nextflow and nf-core communities in the Asia-Pacific region.
We are looking for a creative and curious candidate who thrives in fast-paced environments and who wants to invent the future. This person will focus on supporting the Nextflow and nf-core open source communities through knowledge sharing, software development, technical resources, and community events.
Would you like to be a part of a company with a bigger purpose and make it successful with your own ideas? If yes, keep reading!
About the role. Your mission will be:
- Be a key point of contact for the Nextflow and nf-core communities.
- Develop community tools that give bioinformaticians the power to succeed.
- Create varied content, from blog posts and tutorials to videos, course material, and documentation to raise awareness and grow adoption.
- Grow a credible presence in channels meaningful to developers and gain industry recognition as a regular attendee or panelist at technology events and meetups.
- Build relationships with community enthusiasts in the field to improve the experience of the open-source developer community and produce relevant one-to-many educational resources.
- Develop and coordinate a community mentorship program.
- Arrange online community events in Asia-Pacific time zones.
- Collect and relay community feedback and support the development of the Nextflow roadmap.
- Track and improve important community engagement metrics.
- Identify product gaps and opportunities to better serve our developers.
- Synthesize the insights into clear and concise recommendations for our product team.
About you. We are looking for someone with:
- Strong knowledge of the Nextflow language and the approach of nf-core.
- Experience with scripting and/or other languages used by the communities.
- Ability to effectively communicate and clearly explain technology to different audiences, through code, writing, presentations, and demos.
- A community-first mindset.
- Confidence in using Linux
- Familiarity with using Git or other version control systems.
- Experience engaging and participating in open source communities.
- Knowledge of video creation and production.
- Experience writing and creating technical content; such as how-to articles, documentation, videos, tutorials, etc
Your unique set of skills are:
- Passion for teaching and growing a developer community.
- An eye for detail
- An approachable, empathic personality.
- Ability to rapidly assimilate technical information from a variety of sources.
*This position is fully remote. To be based in the Asia-Pacific time zone.
Why working at Seqera rocks?
By learning from and with each other, we ensure our ability to drive innovation and make better decisions in our mission. Most importantly, our culture provides a genuinely fun, inclusive, and challenging environment that will allow you to grow while making a huge difference in human health and beyond.
Join us and you will enjoy all of these:
- Awesome international working environment
- Passionate & talented team
- Continuous skills development
- Mental health app access
- Team retreats and bonding activities
At Seqera Labs we develop software that simplifies complex data analysis pipelines. These pipelines are used for the analysis of data like DNA sequences and fMRI in applications spanning research, agritech and the clinic. Our software enables scientists to create and securely deploy their data applications in the cloud or on traditional high-performance computing infrastructure.
We are the leading provider of open source workflow orchestration software: Nextflow. We connect data pipelines, cloud infrastructure and enable collaboration across life sciences, healthcare, imaging and machine learning. Nextflow is used by thousands of organizations of all sizes—from startups to large enterprises— to manage their data analysis and get results fast.
From personalized immunogenic vaccines to sequencing-based diagnostics, Seqera's customers are performing the most critical work on this planet. We believe in a future where scientific applications and massive datasets join forces to deliver incredible outcomes.
You should know
Seqera Labs is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. However you identify or whatever your journey to this point, we welcome all candidates to apply for the position that inspires them. Come join us and help us build a global company that everyone is proud to be part of.
As we scale, we constantly improve our in-office and WFH environments and learn to help everyone have the best setup for our company's success and your personal development, while always keeping the human touch in every aspect of our lives.