Do you want to make meaningful contributions and grow your career at a company with a greater purpose? Join Seqera Labs as a Linux System Development Engineer.
Our Engineering team is seeking an experienced Software or System Engineer who is passionate about the Linux-based operating system and the Linux containers ecosystem to work on the next generation of highly scalable data analysis and distributed storage systems.
If you’re open to new challenges and feel excited about working on those topics, then this is the job for you.
About the role. Your mission will be:
- Implement low-level file system components for the Linux operating system.
- Implement distributed data storage solutions.
- Implement container packaging and distribution solutions Implement monitoring agents and data analysis tools.
- Benchmark and optimize operating system components and data analysis pipelines.
- Collaborate with colleagues with different backgrounds (Design, Engineering, and Product) to define issues to solve and work on.
- Write high-quality code to create new features.
- Debug issues and produce high-quality code to fix them.
About you. We are looking for someone with:
- +5 years of experience in writing Linux Kernel or similar low-level operating system code.
- Fluent with at least two of the following programming languages C, C++, Go, Rust, and/or Java.
- Experience with Test Driven Development and unit tests.
- Extensive knowledge of CMake and GNU build toolchains and compilers.
- A solid understanding of Linux networking.
- Great knowledge of Git source code management system.
- Good troubleshooting and debugging skills to find the root cause.
- Fluency in English.(we work in English every day).
- Masters or Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or IT-related background.
Noce to have
- Experience with container architecture and internal APIs.
- Experience with distributed systems architecture and related technologies.
- Contributions to open-source projects related to Linux, containers and the HPC ecosystem.
You unique set of skills:
- Systematic problem-solving approach. Great interpersonal and communication skills.
- An eye for detail and well-organized.
- Creativity & curiosity to learn how our product works inside out.
- Adapt quickly to changes in objectives and environment.
- Team player attitude, proactivity, and open mindset.
Why join us?
By learning from and with each other, we ensure our ability to drive innovation and make better decisions toward our mission. Most importantly, our culture provides a genuinely fun, inclusive, and challenging environment that will allow you to grow while making a huge difference in human health and beyond.
What will you find working at Seqera Labs?
- Flexible work hours, and remote-friendly culture.
- International working environment with more than 10 nationalities.
- Passionate & talented team.
- Continuous skills development, including budget for training.
- Team retreats and bonding activities.
- A culture where your opinion is valued and your decisions have a real impact on the industry.
- Excitement of a fast-growing startup in a constantly changing environment.
- Great benefits, including private health insurance, mental health app subscription (Oliva), employee equity, and more to come.
At Seqera Labs we develop software that simplifies complex data analysis pipelines. These pipelines are used for the analysis of data like DNA sequences and fMRI in applications spanning research, agritech and the clinic. Our software enables scientists to create and securely deploy their data applications in the cloud or on traditional high-performance computing infrastructure.
We are the leading provider of open source workflow orchestration software: Nextflow. We connect data pipelines, cloud infrastructure and enable collaboration across life sciences, healthcare, imaging and machine learning. Nextflow is used by thousands of organizations of all sizes—from startups to large enterprises— to manage their data analysis and get results fast.
From personalized immunogenic vaccines to sequencing-based diagnostics, Seqera's customers are performing the most critical work on this planet. We believe in a future where scientific applications and massive datasets join forces to deliver incredible outcomes.
You should know
Seqera Labs is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. However you identify or whatever your journey to this point, we welcome all candidates to apply for the position that inspires them. Come join us and help us build a global company that everyone is proud to be part of.
As we scale, we constantly improve our in-office and WFH environments and learn to help everyone have the best setup for our company's success and your personal development, while always keeping the human touch in every aspect of our lives.