Seqera is the leading provider of workflow orchestration software enabling collaborative data analysis at scale. Our mission is to empower scientists everywhere with foundational software for collaborative data analysis.
A better world through accelerated scientific discovery.
In the coming years, biotech will profoundly reshape the way we live. Gene editing and cell therapy are already bringing dramatic changes in how we treat cancer and other major illnesses. The use of biofuels and biomaterials is transforming the very essence of the cars we drive, the clothes we wear, and the composition of everyday objects. Advancements in crop science and synthetic biology are fostering the development of sustainable and ethical food sources.
At Seqera, our mission is to empower scientists to solve today's most complex and important challenges – from pioneering innovative therapeutics to unveiling the secrets of our universe. Our journey began with Nextflow — open software that helps over 100,000 global scientists to analyze and process data correctly, with more power and flexibility than ever before. Seqera equips scientists with modern software development tools to conduct science faster, on larger datasets, and with more confidence. We accelerate discoveries in an open world.
Our products are used for some of the most important work on the planet, including developing personalized immunogenic vaccines, new diagnostics, ML-based image processing, and pathogenic surveillance. For more information on Seqera, visit http://seqera.io
About the role
Seqera Labs is in an exciting phase of growth and we're looking for a unique individual to lead our newly forming Implementation Services team. This high-profile role offers the opportunity to work with the Chief Customer Officer and our CX leadership team to define the future direction of Seqera's services business.
As the first hire in our Implementation Services team, you will be responsible for both hands on project delivery, and for building and leading a team of scientifically strong and technically deep Implementation Project Managers. Your team will become an integral part of our Services Delivery organization, working closely with our Scientific Development and Technical Solutions teams to deliver exceptional results for our customers.
But your role won’t stop at services delivery and team building. You will also be deeply involved in the development of our PS methodology and our pre-sales processes. This will include developing implementation playbooks, crafting sales materials, and building proposals and Statements of Work (SOWs).
To be successful in this role, you must have a Life Sciences background and the ability to understand complex scientific concepts and bioinformatics workflows. You must excel at working with Pharma and Biotech organizations and be able to develop relationships with bioinformaticians and IT leaders. You must have experience with enterprise software implementations and be an expert at working with distributed teams to deliver transformational solutions.
Finally, you need to thrive in the dynamic environment of an early-stage software company where methodologies and tools are still under development, and be excited about the opportunity and responsibility to shape and build them as we grow.
- Strategic Leadership: Serve as an integral part of the Customer Experience (CX) Leadership team to formulate and execute the strategic vision for Seqera's Professional Services, in close coordination with Scientific Development & Technical Solutions teams.
- Team Development: Recruit, onboard, and develop a team of Implementation Consultants responsible for the successful deployment of Seqera's solutions for our customers.
- Methodology and Process Design: Collaborate with CX leaders to create and refine our implementation methodologies and tools, ensuring adherence to best practices throughout the project lifecycle.
- Project Management: Oversee project deliverables, timelines, and budgets to ensure they align with customer expectations. Serve as the key point of escalation for the teams to resolve challenges and ensure a smooth implementation for each customer.
- Sales Support: Work closely with Sales and CX teams to produce pre-sales assets, SOWs, and proposals, and actively participate in sales opportunities.
- Operational Oversight: Manage the financial aspects of the practice, including team utilization, budget-to-actual hours, and project margins.
- Degree in Bioinformatics, Biotechnology, Bioengineering or similar technically oriented life science field. You must be comfortable with Life Sciences R&D processes, and have experience working with research oriented software products. Hands-on experience in a dry lab or other research setting is highly desired.
- 5+ years client facing software implementation experience, with demonstrated success managing complex enterprise software implementations.
- 2+ years experience managing a professional services team. Must be able to recruit, hire, and grow a high-functioning implementation team.
- Experience leading services sales activities, including proposal generation, SOW creation, selling PS, Change Orders, and client negotiations. Prior experience with pre-sales solutions and product demonstrations is highly desired.
- Independent, adaptable, and can thrive in a fast-paced startup environment.
- Excellent communication skills in verbal, written and presentation formats.
Why join us?
By learning from and with each other, we ensure our ability to drive innovation and make better decisions toward our mission. Most importantly, our culture provides a genuinely fun, inclusive, and challenging environment that will allow you to grow while making a huge difference in human health and beyond.
What will you find working at Seqera?
- Flexible working hours, and remote-friendly culture.
- International working environment with more than 25 nationalities.
- Passionate & talented team.
- Continuous skills development, including budget for training.
- Team retreats and bonding activities.
- A culture where your opinion is valued and your decisions have a real impact on the industry.
- Excitement of a fast-growing startup in a constantly changing environment.
- Time off: 20 days for vacations per year, 3 days given by Seqera in December of 2023, and the national/public holidays according to your location.
- Private health insurance with United Healthcare, dental with Delta, and vision coverage from Vision Service Plan.
- Private life insurance with Lincoln
- Investment app with Vestwell (401K)
- Home office equipment (valued over 1,000 USD)
- Subscription to Oliva, Mental Health App
- Learning and development budget per year (1,000 USD)
You should know
Seqera is proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. However you identify or whatever your journey to this point, we welcome all candidates to apply for the position that inspires them. Come join us and help us build a global company that everyone is proud to be part of.
As we scale, we constantly improve our in-office and WFH environments and learn to help everyone have the best setup for our company's success and your personal development, while always keeping the human touch in every aspect of our lives.