We are looking for an experienced product manager with a strong interest in building highly interactive, modern applications. As the Head of Product, you will have the opportunity to run and grow the product team that defines and drives the product vision for Nextflow Tower.
You will operate to coordinate all product activities from vision to implementation, including engaging customers to understand their needs, developing long-term product strategy, defining product roadmaps, writing the application analysis, and working with designers. You will work closely with the CTO and engineering team to build those products, and coordinate with various internal stakeholders to ensure product success.
- Drive and execute strategic goals working and motivating the engineering, marketing and other teams to build products that delight users
- Gather and prioritize product requirements through customer feedback, input from field organizations, and industry stakeholders
- Define product solutions meeting the customer requirements and working closely with UX and Engineering to drive those solutions through development, testing, deployment, and customer validation in an agile environment
- Coordinate the planning, scheduling, budgeting, execution, and delivery of software
- Determining and overseeing consistent testing, evaluation, and troubleshooting of Nextflow Tower product features in all stages of completion
- Drive product launches and releases including clearly communicating product capabilities and features to support marketing, sales, and science teams
- Contribute to the product-area strategy, roadmap, positioning, and pricing
- Interface and partner with all levels of the Seqera Labs business
- 3+ years experience in a product management role.
- Proven ability to launch successful software product or services
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to effortlessly communicate at the right level with both business stakeholders and engineers
- Experience consistently delivering in an agile environment as a product owner
- Strong analytical skills, with excellent problem-solving abilities in the face of ambiguity
- Understanding of HCI and UX design principles and techniques
- Entrepreneurial “can do” attitude with the ability to find creative, pragmatic solutions
- Enterprise software, microservices, event-driven architectures, and cloud technologies are strong plus.
- Scientific or data science Ph.D./MS degree is a plus
Join our talented international team working from our seaside offices in Barcelona, just a few meters away from the beach in Poblenou, or make yourself a home from a remote location all over the world — flexibility is one of our key values.
As we scale, we constantly improve our in-office and WFH environments and learn to help everyone have the best setup for our company's success and your personal development, while keeping always the human touch in every aspect of our lives.
Starting with a highly competitive salary package, attractive employee equity, and a high degree of autonomy, we provide private health and life insurance, mental health support, and many other benefits including training, courses, and events.
By learning from and with each other, we ensure our ability to drive innovation and make better decisions in our mission. Most importantly, our culture provides a genuinely fun, inclusive, and challenging environment that will allow you to grow while making a huge difference in human health and beyond.
Seqera Labs is the leading provider of open source workflow orchestration software. We connect data pipelines, cloud infrastructure, and secure collaboration across life sciences, healthcare, imaging, and machine learning.
From personalized immunogenic vaccines to sequencing-based diagnostics, our customers are performing the most critical work on this planet. We believe in a future where scientific applications and massive datasets join forces to deliver for incredible outcomes.
Nearly 10 years ago, we created Nextflow frustrated with the challenge of developing and sharing analysis pipelines across the infrastructure. Along the way, we've defined a new approach to data pipelines with containerized workloads that make the cloud accessible to the next generation of developers, scientists, and engineers.
Driven by the Nextflow community — the conductors of our culture, principles, and products — we prioritized a seamless user experience, growing the open-source project from inception to thousands of active users. We are now supporting this unique, vibrant and global ecosystem of thousands of scientists and organizations in 187 countries.
The company has received backing from leading partners to expand the Nextflow vision, grow the team and take on the important challenges, on which our global health and prosperity depend. Today, we take our core principles and help customers with their own journey into data collaboration and compliance — at scale.