At Seqera Labs, we are looking for a Head of Marketing to help us drive our brand awareness, community, content and drive product adoption. The ideal candidate is a community-focused business leader, supporting a team dedicated to expanding and engaging the core clients across all life science & technology industries.
Working cross-functionally with the Product and Sales teams, the Head of Marketing needs to manage and coordinate brand, content and product marketing alongside with open source community leaders to establish strategies and support Seqera Labs’ growth. We are looking for a creative and curious candidate who thrives in fast-paced environments and who wants to invent the future. The ideal person is team-spirited, organized, and enjoys working in an international environment.
Would you like to be a part of a company with a bigger purpose and make it successful through your own ideas? If yes, keep reading!
About the role. Your mission will be:
- Define the Marketing Operations vision and strategy that enables intelligent decisions through precise analysis.
- Own the marketing operations roadmap, ensuring marketing technology is evaluated, selected, implemented and customized to meet the needs of the marketing department.
- Administer the marketing budget and ensure marketing costs are tracked correctly. Ensure the overall ROI of the campaigns is viable and that our overall Customer Acquisition Cost remains within the company's standards across all channels.
- Coordinate event marketing including the annual Nextflow Summit and global conferences.
- Regularly inform stakeholders across marketing, sales, product and finance of insights on marketing performance to ensure cross-functional alignment on the best possible data-driven marketing strategy.
- Track and report on the entire marketing funnel including volume, velocity, conversion stage-to-stage, and average value; make sure funnel measures can be analyzed by key dimensions.
- Ensure processes are designed, documented, understood, and followed.
- Understand market trends, customer requirements, usage and buying behavior, and the partner ecosystem to better identify market opportunities and customer demand.
- Be a brand ambassador, develop brand awareness, partner with key players of the open source communities and support goals and strategy for events and PR.
- Educate the market about Seqera's core technical value offerings through multiple collaterals such as demos, case studies, solution briefs, web content, workshops, presentations, technical blogs, data sheets, whitepapers and sales playbooks that can be utilized globally.
- Use customer, partner and competitive research to influence product strategy and drive effective messaging.
About you. We are looking with someone with:
- 5+ years of experience as a Marketing Lead, including experience in scientific, open source, developer tooling or cloud infrastructure scaleups.
- Proven track record in building, getting buy-in and executing marketing plans, and staying focused in a fast-moving, technical environment.
- Experience building teams, user communities/open source communities. Demonstrated experience building credibility with and delivering results for product teams, sales teams and customers.
- Experience using data to measure results and inform decision-making and strategy development.
- First-class spoken and written English.
- Experience with online marketing tools and best practices.
- Hands-on experience with Google Analytics, and CRM (Hubspot) software - preferred.
- Experience overseeing website development using GitHub Issues or similar source control system is nice to have.
Your unique set of skills:
- Outstanding written and verbal communications skills to explain and translate complex technology concepts into simple, captivating & attractive stories.
- Ability to work both independently with minimal direction and collaboratively within a team.
- A builder – likes to be part of a core team that is building a new thing from scratch.
- Highly analytical and inquisitive nature, strong structured thinking and prioritization skills.
- An eye for detail – you know great design.
- Creativity & curiosity across written, visual, and video mediums.
Why join us?
By learning from and with each other, we ensure our ability to drive innovation and make better decisions toward our mission. Most importantly, our culture provides a genuinely fun, inclusive, and challenging environment that will allow you to grow while making a huge difference in human health and beyond.
What will you find working at Seqera Labs?
- Flexible work hours, and remote-friendly culture.
- International working environment with more than 10 nationalities.
- Passionate & talented team.
- Continuous skills development, including budget for training.
- Team retreats and bonding activities.
- A culture where your opinion is valued and your decisions have a real impact on the industry.
- Excitement of a fast-growing startup in a constantly changing environment.
- Great benefits, including private health insurance, mental health app subscription (Oliva), employee equity, and more to come.
At Seqera Labs we develop software that simplifies complex data analysis pipelines. These pipelines are used for the analysis of data like DNA sequences and fMRI in applications spanning research, agritech and the clinic. Our software enables scientists to create and securely deploy their data applications in the cloud or on traditional high-performance computing infrastructure.
We are the leading provider of open source workflow orchestration software: Nextflow. We connect data pipelines, cloud infrastructure and enable collaboration across life sciences, healthcare, imaging and machine learning. Nextflow is used by thousands of organizations of all sizes—from startups to large enterprises— to manage their data analysis and get results fast.
From personalized immunogenic vaccines to sequencing-based diagnostics, Seqera's customers are performing the most critical work on this planet. We believe in a future where scientific applications and massive datasets join forces to deliver incredible outcomes.
You should know
Seqera Labs is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. However you identify or whatever your journey to this point, we welcome all candidates to apply for the position that inspires them. Come join us and help us build a global company that everyone is proud to be part of.
As we scale, we constantly improve our in-office and WFH environments and learn to help everyone have the best setup for our company's success and your personal development, while always keeping the human touch in every aspect of our lives.