Seqera is the leading provider of workflow orchestration software enabling collaborative data analysis at scale. Our mission is to empower scientists everywhere with foundational software for collaborative data analysis.
A better world through accelerated scientific discovery.
In the coming years, biotech will profoundly reshape the way we live. Gene editing and cell therapy are already bringing dramatic changes in how we treat cancer and other major illnesses. The use of biofuels and biomaterials is transforming the very essence of the cars we drive, the clothes we wear, and the composition of everyday objects. Advancements in crop science and synthetic biology are fostering the development of sustainable and ethical food sources.
At Seqera, our mission is to empower scientists to solve today's most complex and important challenges – from pioneering innovative therapeutics to unveiling the secrets of our universe. Our journey began with Nextflow — open software that helps over 100,000 global scientists to analyze and process data correctly, with more power and flexibility than ever before. Seqera equips scientists with modern software development tools to conduct science faster, on larger datasets, and with more confidence. We accelerate discoveries in an open world.
Our products are used for some of the most important work on the planet, including developing personalized immunogenic vaccines, new diagnostics, ML-based image processing, and pathogenic surveillance. For more information on Seqera, visit http://seqera.io
About the role
Seqera is seeking an Enterprise Sales Development Representative (SDR) to support our growing business development efforts within our large and strategic accounts. The SDR will work closely with our sales and marketing teams to research our top accounts, identify and engage target users and key stakeholders, and drive conversations and business opportunities within these organizations.
You will both advise and execute on key sales and marketing strategies, with the ultimate goal of generating new business for Seqera. This will be a fast-paced, multifaceted role, with plenty of opportunity for growth within our commercial organization.
This role is for those who are eager to kickstart a successful sales career, learn from and influence a rapidly growing startup, and make a meaningful impact on the scientific community.
What You’ll Do
- Research our larger and enterprise accounts to identify entry points and key stakeholders.
- Ideate and execute sales and marketing strategies with the goal of generating in-roads and business opportunities within our enterprise segment.
- Engage our target users via a combination of outreach tactics, including email, cold call, LinkedIn messaging, and more.
- Support and attend in-person field events, including conferences, networking socials, and more.
- Create a fantastic first impression with prospects and customers, and nurture existing relationships.
- Uncover scientific workflows, challenges, and needs from prospects and customers.
- Develop customized messaging and tactics for specific target accounts and personas.
- Provide feedback on how we can optimize our lead generation and sales process.
- Partner with sales and marketing leadership to brainstorm and test new ideas to further our reach within the scientific community.
- Located along the US East Coast, or willing to work within Eastern business hours.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Bioinformatics, Computational Sciences, Biomedical Engineering, Data Science, or equivalent. Otherwise, industry experience with bioinformatics or computational sciences.
- Some experience in a Sales Development, Business Development, or other customer-facing role. Otherwise strong interest in exploring a fast-paced sales career.
- Native English proficiency and excellent written and verbal communication skills, with a keen attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to collaborate effectively with internal teams.
- Resilience and tenacity in the face of rejection, and the ability to overcome client objections to drive engagements forward.
- Not afraid to pick up the phone and cold call, or ask difficult questions to prospects and customers.
- Exceptional organization skills using a range of tools and systems, with the ability to self-manage day-to-day tasks.
- Passion for technology and the ability to grasp complex scientific concepts quickly.
- Ability to pivot and adjust priorities as we rapidly scale our business.
Why join us?
By learning from and with each other, we ensure our ability to drive innovation and make better decisions toward our mission. Most importantly, our culture provides a genuinely fun, inclusive, and challenging environment that will allow you to grow while making a huge difference in human health and beyond.
What will you find working at Seqera?
- Flexible working hours, and remote-friendly culture.
- International working environment with more than 25 nationalities.
- Passionate & talented team.
- Continuous skills development, including budget for training.
- Team retreats and bonding activities.
- A culture where your opinion is valued and your decisions have a real impact on the industry.
- Excitement of a fast-growing startup in a constantly changing environment.
- Time off: 20 days for vacations per year, 3 days given by Seqera in December of 2023, and the national/public holidays according to your location.
- Private health insurance with United Healthcare, dental with Delta, and vision coverage from Vision Service Plan.
- Private life insurance with Lincoln
- Investment app with Vestwell (401K)
- Home office equipment (valued over 1,000 USD)
- Subscription to Oliva, Mental Health App
- Learning and development budget per year (1,000 USD)
You should know
Seqera is proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. However you identify or whatever your journey to this point, we welcome all candidates to apply for the position that inspires them. Come join us and help us build a global company that everyone is proud to be part of.
As we scale, we constantly improve our in-office and WFH environments and learn to help everyone have the best setup for our company's success and your personal development, while always keeping the human touch in every aspect of our lives.