Do you want to make meaningful contributions and grow your career at a company with a greater purpose? Join Seqera Labs as a Customer Support Engineer!
Our Customer Success team seeks a curious person to support clients throughout their Nextflow Tower journey. You will touch all aspects of the business as you answer product questions, guide customers on best practices, and debug technical issues across a variety of real-world, cloud and HPC implementations.
If you’re passionate about learning and not afraid of new challenges, then this is the job for you.
*Please Note that LinkedIn is having some issues with job postings. This is a full-time position - Mid/senior level. #LI-Remote
About the role
- As a Customer Support Engineer, you will have the opportunity to build your hard skills as you engage clients across a variety of technical fields including high-performance batch computing, cloud storage, virtual private networks, and modern identity systems.
- Finally, leveraging your close contact with our end-users, you’ll collaborate with our Product Management team to improve product offerings and engage with our Engineering team to understand how new features can be leveraged by clients to their fullest extent.
Your mission will be
- Customer Troubleshooting: Define and deliver on-site and remote technical engagements with the Seqera team, partners, and customers. This includes participating in online visits with prospective customers, troubleshooting, managing support issues/tickets, understanding customer requirements, and proposing and delivering solution offerings.
- Cloud and On-premise Implementations: Collaborate with customers to assist them with learning and implementing Seqera’s Nextflow solutions in a wide array of target environments.
- Delivery: Engagements include online projects proving the use of public cloud services to support new HPC distributed computing solutions that can span on-premises services and the cloud.
- Oversight & Feedback:
- Work with Seqera’s Product Management and Engineering teams to convey customer feedback as input to technology roadmaps.
- Investigate and document bugs and feature requests to share with our Product and Engineering teams.
- Share real-world implementation challenges and recommend new capabilities that would simplify adoption and drive greater value from the use of Seqera’s solutions.
- Provide feedback regarding internal support processes, product functionality, and customer education resources to improve the customer experience.
About you. We are looking for someone with:
- 3+ years of Technical Support or Support Engineering experience in an enterprise software company.
- Proven skills and experience with implementing solutions in public clouds with specific expertise with at least one of AWS, Google, or Azure.
- Strong Linux administration experience.
- Experience with Docker or similar container systems.
- Strong customer-facing skills to represent Seqera within the customer’s environment and to drive discussions with senior personnel regarding trade-offs, best practices, project management, and risk mitigation.
- Solid verbal and written communications skills and ability to lead effectively across organisations.
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and communicate about business, product, and technical challenges.
- Highly technical and analytical, possessing 5 or more years of IT implementation experience.
- Deep hands-on experience leading the design and deployment of business software at scale.
- Current hands-on systems implementation experience, including specific skills in networking, storage management, and authentication.
- Proficient level of English
Nice to have:
- Experience with Kubernetes.
- Experience in High-Performance Computing is not a requirement but would be a tremendous asset.
- BS level technical degree or equivalent required; Computer Science or Math background preferred
Your unique set of skills:
- Great interpersonal and communication skills.
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- An eye for detail and well-organized.
- Creativity & curiosity across all solutions given to clients.
Why join us?
By learning from and with each other, we ensure our ability to drive innovation and make better decisions toward our mission. Most importantly, our culture provides a genuinely fun, inclusive, and challenging environment that will allow you to grow while making a huge difference in human health and beyond.
What will you find working at Seqera Labs?
- Flexible work hours, and remote-friendly culture.
- International working environment with more than 15 nationalities.
- Passionate & talented team.
- Continuous skills development, including a €500 budget for training (*equivalent in other currencies).
- Team retreats and bonding activities.
- A culture where your opinion is valued and your decisions have a real impact on the industry.
- The excitement of a fast-growing startup in a constantly changing environment.
- Great benefits, including mental health app subscription (Oliva), employee equity, and more to come.
You can watch this video for a quick understanding of who we are and what we do :).
At Seqera Labs we develop software that simplifies complex data analysis pipelines. These pipelines are used for the analysis of data like DNA sequences and fMRI in applications spanning research, agritech and the clinic. Our software enables scientists to create and securely deploy their data applications in the cloud or on traditional high-performance computing infrastructure.
We are the creators and leading provider of open-source workflow orchestration software: Nextflow. We connect data pipelines, cloud infrastructure and enable collaboration across life sciences, healthcare, imaging and machine learning. Nextflow is used by thousands of organizations of all sizes—from startups to large enterprises— to manage their data analysis and get results fast.
From personalized immunogenic vaccines to sequencing-based diagnostics, Seqera's customers are performing the most critical work on this planet. We believe in a future where scientific applications and massive datasets join forces to deliver incredible outcomes.
You should know
Seqera Labs is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. However you identify or whatever your journey to this point, we welcome all candidates to apply for the position that inspires them. Come join us and help us build a global company that everyone is proud to be part of.
As we scale, we constantly improve our in-office and WFH environments and learn to help everyone have the best setup for our company's success and your personal development, while always keeping the human touch in every aspect of our lives.