Do you want to make meaningful contributions and grow your career at a company with a greater purpose? Join Seqera Labs, and help us deliver the best in class service to our customers!
Our Customer Success team seeks a dynamic and motivated Onboarding Specialist responsible for the successful onboarding of new clients and the implementation of Seqera Labs’ Tower solution. The ideal candidate brings a mix of technical and interpersonal skills, loves interacting with internal and external customers, and can take ownership of the onboarding and implementation project for new customers.
If you're passionate about learning and not afraid of new challenges, then this is the role for you.
About the role
This role requires a blend of technical and some other nontechnical skills. The technical aspect involves understanding the client’s cloud infrastructure and providing recommendations and guidance on how to best set up and test their technical architecture. Organization and project management skills are also required to manage the client and internal resources from a timeline perspective and ensure we're achieving our milestones and mitigating risks.
Your mission will be:
- Serve as the primary point of contact for clients during the onboarding process while implementing the Seqera Labs solution, from kick-off through to go-liveWork with clients to understand their business and technical architecture requirements to drive the overall project plan and timeline.
- Liaise with Seqera Labs’ sales, product, engineering, and customer success teams to ensure smooth, efficient, and effective client onboarding.
- Communicate the status and issues of key accounts across the organization to assist with driving a customer success mentality and approach.
- Unblock client issues that may delay, prevent, or complicate project implementation by prioritizing, escalating, or delegating tasks when appropriate.
- Measure implementation project performance and regularly report on the status & health of projects, including dependencies, risks, and issues - internally and to clients.
- Develop, iterate, and improve the onboarding & implementation program over time based on learnings from client engagement and past experiences
About you. We are looking for someone with:
- Experience in a similar role as a Project Manager, Onboarding Consultant, Implementation Specialist, Solutions Architect, or related role with a proven history of successfully onboarding clients with a high degree of customer satisfaction
- Familiarity with working with customers of all sizes, especially large enterprise organizations.
- Previous biotech, bioinformatics experience, and life sciences industry knowledge.
- Experience working with Nextflow language.
- Knowledge of the pipeline development approaches adopted by nf-core is strongly preferred.
- Ability to effectively communicate and clearly explain technology to different audiences.
- Excellent written and verbal English.
- Understanding of operational parameters for a combination of the following: Compute, Storage, Networking, CDN, Databases, DevOps, Big Data and Analytics, Security, and Applications Development.
- Solid technical understanding of Cloud and new stack technologies,
- Professional experience with cloud offerings such as AWS, Azure, Google Cloud Platform, etc.
Your unique set of skills:
- Self-motivated and a proactive thinker – can work independently and in teams.
- Exceptional verbal, written, organizational, presentation, and communications skills.
- Critical thinker with strong problem-solving skills.
- Well organized with an eye for details Naturally curious with the ability to construct creative solutions to client challenges.
- Growth mindset driven by learning, continuous improvement, and embracing change.
Why join us?
By learning from and with each other, we ensure our ability to drive innovation and make better decisions toward our mission. Most importantly, our culture provides a genuinely fun, inclusive, and challenging environment that will allow you to grow while making a huge difference in human health and beyond.
What will you find working at Seqera Labs?
- Flexible work hours, and remote-friendly culture.
- International working environment with more than 10 nationalities.
- Passionate & talented team.
- Continuous skills development, including budget for training.
- Team retreats and bonding activities.
- A culture where your opinion is valued and your decisions have a real impact on the industry.
- The excitement of a fast-growing startup in a constantly changing environment.
- Some benefits, including mental health app subscription (Oliva), employee equity, and more to come.
At Seqera Labs we develop software that simplifies complex data analysis pipelines. These pipelines are used for the analysis of data like DNA sequences and fMRI in applications spanning research, agritech and the clinic. Our software enables scientists to create and securely deploy their data applications in the cloud or on traditional high-performance computing infrastructure.
We are the leading provider of open source workflow orchestration software: Nextflow. We connect data pipelines, cloud infrastructure and enable collaboration across life sciences, healthcare, imaging and machine learning. Nextflow is used by thousands of organizations of all sizes—from startups to large enterprises— to manage their data analysis and get results fast.
From personalized immunogenic vaccines to sequencing-based diagnostics, Seqera's customers are performing the most critical work on this planet. We believe in a future where scientific applications and massive datasets join forces to deliver incredible outcomes.
You should know
Seqera Labs is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. However you identify or whatever your journey to this point, we welcome all candidates to apply for the position that inspires them. Come join us and help us build a global company that everyone is proud to be part of.
As we scale, we constantly improve our in-office and WFH environments and learn to help everyone have the best setup for our company's success and your personal development, while always keeping the human touch in every aspect of our lives.