The Engineering team is looking for a Software Engineer Backend with a strong interest in building highly interactive applications. This person will join the team and help set the new standard for distributed data analysis.
We are looking for a proactive candidate who thrives in fast-paced environments and who wants to invent the future. The ideal person has solid experience in designing and implementing microservices and highly parallel applications. Previous work with highly scalable, distributed cloud systems is a plus.
Would you like to be a part of a company with a bigger purpose and make it successful with your own ideas? If yes, keep reading!
See our tech stack here: https://github.com/seqeralabs
*Full Time position - Mid / Senior role.
About the role
- Design and implement web backend services using Groovy and Micronaut framework.
- Write high-quality, clean, maintainable code using engineering best practices (unit testing, source control, continuous integration, automation, design patterns, etc.).
- Analyse requirements, design and develop features based on the product requirements.
- Understand and constantly optimize the product, identify and fix problems while improving stability.
- Optimize application for maximum performance and scalability.
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use.
- Collaborate with the engineering/product/UX team to improve the product.
- Experience in building distributed services in cloud environments and asynchronous communications.
- Fluent with REST API design and implementation
- Ability to write high-quality, efficient, and testable code
Nice to have
- Previous experience in writing event based systems is a plus.
- Experience with the Gradle build system
- Development experience with Micronaut & Groovy programming language.
- Previous Knowledge of OLAP databases.
- Experience with Docker and related toolset.
- Experience with Kubernetes deployment model and operations.
- Experience with Elasticsearch and InfluxDB databases.
- Understanding of how to deploy systems for cloud applications.
- Knowledge of one or more cloud vendor services and APIs.
- Experience with scientific data analysis workflows and execution engines.
- Experience designing and implementing microservices and highly parallel applications.
- Experience in bioinformatics and genomics.
- A maintainer or a proven track of contributions to open-source software projects.
Why join us?
By learning from and with each other, we ensure our ability to drive innovation and make better decisions toward our mission. Most importantly, our culture provides a genuinely fun, inclusive, and challenging environment that will allow you to grow while making a huge difference in human health and beyond.
What will you find working at Seqera Labs?
- Flexible work hours, and remote-friendly culture.
- International working environment with more than 10 nationalities.
- Passionate & talented team.
- Continuous skills development, including budget for training.
- Team retreats and bonding activities.
- A culture where your opinion is valued and your decisions have a real impact on the industry.
- Excitement of a fast-growing startup in a constantly changing environment.
- Great benefits, including private health insurance, mental health app subscription (Oliva), employee equity, and more to come.
At Seqera Labs we develop software that simplifies complex data analysis pipelines. These pipelines are used for the analysis of data like DNA sequences and fMRI in applications spanning research, agritech and the clinic. Our software enables scientists to create and securely deploy their data applications in the cloud or on traditional high-performance computing infrastructure.
We are the leading provider of open source workflow orchestration software: Nextflow. We connect data pipelines, cloud infrastructure and enable collaboration across life sciences, healthcare, imaging and machine learning. Nextflow is used by thousands of organizations of all sizes—from startups to large enterprises— to manage their data analysis and get results fast.
From personalized immunogenic vaccines to sequencing-based diagnostics, Seqera's customers are performing the most critical work on this planet. We believe in a future where scientific applications and massive datasets join forces to deliver incredible outcomes.
You should know
Seqera Labs is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. However you identify or whatever your journey to this point, we welcome all candidates to apply for the position that inspires them. Come join us and help us build a global company that everyone is proud to be part of.
As we scale, we constantly improve our in-office and WFH environments and learn to help everyone have the best setup for our company's success and your personal development, while always keeping the human touch in every aspect of our lives.